Saturday 19 November 2011

Got a call from 'Tom'

I got a call Thursday evening from 'Tom' at Specsavers to say my new gogs were ready for collection so on Friday morning I toddled up to the High  Street to retrieve them.  I had originally gone for varifocal lenses - I need spectacles for distance but I was finding that although I could see clearly to drive I couldn't see the sat-nav so I was constantly peeering under or over them to check route instructions....tiresome at best and dangerous at worst. 
After a fortnight of using varifocals, suffering dizzy spells and having to remember to hold my head at 90 degrees to the ground to stop from tripping over tree roots when walking the dogs I threw  in the towel, and the specs, and opted for bifocals.
So yesterday I was out and about in my discreet bifocal bings  buying floor coverings for Yarwood, walking the dogs and driving - no dizzy spells and no tripping over tree roots, these might just do the trick...

4 comments:

KevinTOO said...

You're not alone with the varifocal side effects. I tried them for 30 days and had to trade them in for two pairs of bifocals because I suffered the same problems. Not the best design idea in my view.

Nb Yarwood said...

Well they are certainly not for us Kevin. Obviously they suit some wearers though...
Lesley

Narrowboat DELILAH said...

I have had varifocals for some four years now, it took me a long time to get used to them, only problem I have is going down stairs, glasses have to come off my noise!!! By the way, Nb Yarwood is looking good, looking forward to seeing her on the water.
Ian

Nb Yarwood said...

Hi Ian
My Mother has varifocal lenses and gets on fine with them - she is in 'the-blind-as-a-bat'category so maybe that makes a difference?
We also look forward to seeing Yarwood in the water where she belong. Fletcher and Floyd send greetings to Murphy and Sadie...until we see you all again take care1
Lesley