Sunday 19 September 2010

West Country Hols

We are now back from our West Country expedition, refreshed and invigorated ready for our third winter aboard Caxton.  We stayed just outside St. Columb in Cornwall for our first week and the weather was glorious.  Lots of walking for the myself and the two dogs along coastal paths and beaches.  I managed to walk a part of the Camel Trail, destination Padstow which was heaving with visitors on my arrival.  Lovely place though...
The second week we moved east  and stayed just outside Lynton in the Exmoor National Park.  Above is Ley Bay a couple of miles walk away from where we were staying and albeit deserted.  I enjoyed a paddle in the clear warm waters and the two dogs romped and swum.


Floyd on the way out to sea and....
on his way back in again.  I liked the ride in on the surf but my camera skills were too poor to capture the moment.
And here is Woody Bay.  I had been out walking for six hours along part of the coastal path and couldn't miss the trek down to see this.  All rocks but the two dogs still managed a swim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Floyd brave!

I see you weren't tempted to a bit of skinny dipping yourself - or have those photos been censored!!!

Sue, Indigo Dream

Amanda said...

Glad you had a splendid 'holiday' but pleased you are back on your permanent 'holiday' on Caxton. Looking forward to your blogs and maybe catching up with you.

Amanda and David