Thursday 24 July 2008

Feeling Faint

I was speaking on the phone to Stuart at Barn Owl this morning. During the course of the conversation Stuart said something that left me feeling quite faint. Reaching for a chair, I hastily sat myself down and, admonishing myself to remain calm, I tried to focus on what Stuart was saying..

"Do you want an IRONING BOARD in that cupboard?" "Hello, hello are you still there?" a disembodied voice was saying.

"Yes, yes I'm here." I said as I lay on the floor twitching and convulsing..

Well alright perhaps I am being a bit of a drama queen but ironing, I ask you. What a boring, tiresome, soul-destroying task. Anyway, it was left that I would just throw a couple of towels over a work surface and wield the iron as and when really necessary. However when I was out later in the day at a local camping store I found this.....
It is 31" in length and 12" wide, so a short but conventional ironing board. The legs fold away so it takes up very little space.
Goodness knows what the assistants in the camping store thought of a middle aged woman buying an ironing board to go camping with!
I suppose I will still have to give in a get an iron though...?

2 comments:

Dogsontour by Greygal said...

What's an iron?

Nb Yarwood said...

Any old iron, any old iron, any, any old iron, you look sweet, talk about a treat...

I think it's a song