Sunday 25 May 2008

Narrowboat Feast!



Yesterday we were up ridiculously early and en route to the Crick Boat Show by 7.20. Would there be any deals to be had and last minute must haves for Caxton?
We found Stuart Harper of Barnowl Narrowboats (our boat builder) on board Octavia, his show boat for Crick 2008.
We got a preview of Octavia ahead of the crowds: the boat is a beauty and her new owners are rightly pleased with Stuart's work. Caxton will be going from Graham Reeves, the shell builder, to Barnowl on 2nd June where the fit-out will commence. Roll ON!

Crick was heaving with people on the Saturday and there were so many dogs I thought I was at Crufts! Being a dog lover I found myself constantly distracted by appealing puppies. However, I am not sure that I would want to drag my pair of labradors around something like the Crick Boat show, but it seemed to work OK.
What a brilliant day though, so many stunning boats and a real credit to the craftsmanship of the narrowboat builders in this Country.






No comments: